Monday, September 8, 2008

August 30-31: Sacramento to Amsterdam


When I went to bed last night at 4:30 am I really didn't intend on waking up two and a half hours later, I meant to try and get maybe four hours of sleep in before going to the airport, but alas, no dice. The flights to Amsterdam were relatively uneventful, but for two exceptions. As we were getting ready to start our landing sequence into Minneapolis the pilot suddenly makes a hard banking turn to the right. When I looked around everyone had a puzzled look on their face and some may have even been a tad freaked, but it all became clear when the captain gave his explanation over the loudspeaker. He said that Air Traffic Control in Minneapolis had put us too close to an incoming 757. Hmm, thank god they didn't put us any closer. The second incident happened in the middle of the flight from Minneapolis to Amsterdam. As I was watching The Forbidden Kingdom I see this girl fall to the ground in my peripheral vision. I asked her if she was okay like four times, but all she did was look up at me with this glazed look on her face, it was kinda freaky. Once her boyfriend/husband came and got her oriented they started to walk back to their seats when she faints again! The flight attendants came and gave her some oxygen and I heard that she was feeling nauseated, but I think she was okay after five minutes or so. Those two incidents almost made this trip to Europe as eventful as the trip with Chris; actually, it didn't even come close, but I gotta take my material where I can get it, now onto Belgium. 

1 comment:

tuftsmania said...

hard banking turns are always welcome in my book